Your London Tours is back in the game! So far this Spring we have had a solid uptick in enquiries and bookings, and we now feel confident that we can welcome all you lovely travellers (or ‘travelers’ if you’re from ‘across the pond’) back to Britain.
Welcome Back to Britain.
Well, it was touch-and-go for a few months there, as the pandemic and inherent lockdowns started to bite. As you probably noticed, it was even a strain trying to maintain content for our News Blog (the last post being over six months ago!). But things are looking a lot more productive in the UK tour industry. 2022 promises to be a super year for visiting Britain, not least because we are commemorating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. That’s right, 70 glorious years on the throne for Her Maj. So why not check out our Royal London Tour in celebration?
One change Your London Tours have made during the enforced hiatus, is that we no longer offer our London Tours by car. The combined cost of fuel, parking, road tax, congestion charges and operating licences means we cannot effectively give value for money with this option. However, we do offer the same tours by ‘tube’ (the Londoners’ nickname for the subway transit system). Here are five advantages of the tube alternative:
- Cost-effective: typically, a family of four will save over £200.00 over the previous car option.
- Time-effective: usually a faster way to get around the city, giving you more time to enjoy your tour. As London Transport advertising once proclaimed: ‘It’s quicker by tube!‘
- Eco-friendly: kinder to the environment, and healthier too, with a little more walking involved. Not too much walking, but enough to burn off some excess calories!
- Engaging: interact with the city, just like a local.
- Iconic: adds another dimension to the London visitor experience. As the oldest and largest underground transit system in the world, it’s practically an attraction in itself.
So, we think that this change can work out in a very positive way. Your London Tours chief administrator Jo Bull said: “With confidence high and lots to look forward to in 2022, there’s never been a better time for making Your London Tours the first port of call for a trip to remember.”