COMING SOON FOR 2019: MAYFLOWER & FOUNDING FATHERS TOUR
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your Central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. Then our Mayflower & Founding Fathers Tour will begin in earnest, commemorating the 400 years since the famous ship set sail from London in 1620. London is the cradle of modern America, supplying the first English-speaking settlers in the 16th century. Also home to the revolutionary spirits of 1776, this tour revives the ghosts of pioneers past.
- Explore Benjamin Franklin’s London home*.
- Hunt out the birthplace of John Harvard and Shakespeare’s link to the new world.
- Discover the Salem witch trial connection, and the Cockney First Lady.
- Lunch in the historic Mayflower pub, close to where the Pilgrim Fathers set out from London in 1620.
- See the wooden remains of the original Mayflower ship in an ancient London church.
- Uncover the legend of Captain Smith and Pocahontas, and hear the tale of of the native American in her adopted city.
- Find out why Pennysylvania, Pittsburgh and Baltimore all owe their origins on the other side of the ‘pond’.
- Hear how the Star-Spangled Banner, Liberty Bell and the traditional Thanksgiving turkey all have their roots in old London town.
Note: *Entrance costs to Benjamin Franklin’s House as part of the Mayflower & Founding Fathers Tour are extra.
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Number of passengers: up to 7.
● Typical timings: 9am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London hotel/residence.
● Price (based on number of passengers):
1-2 = £560.00*; 3-4 = £595.00*; 5-7 = £630.00*.
*Not including entry fees. For some attractions it may be necessary for us to book standard tickets in advance.