MAYFLOWER & FOUNDING FATHERS PRIVATE TOUR – ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your Central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. Then our Mayflower & Founding Fathers Tour will begin in earnest, commemorating the 400 years since the famous ship set sail from London in 1620. London is the cradle of modern America, supplying the first English-speaking settlers in the 16th century. Also home to the revolutionary spirits of 1776, this tour revives the ghosts of pioneers past. For this tour we will book tickets to Benjamin Franklin’s House and add them to your tour price. These are priced at the attraction’s standard rate including any transaction fees and are non-refundable. Any other tickets can be purchased on the day.
- Explore Benjamin Franklin’s London home.
- Hunt out the birthplace of John Harvard and Shakespeare’s link to the new world.
- Discover the Salem witch trial connection, and the Cockney First Lady.
- Lunch in the historic Mayflower pub, close to where the Pilgrim Fathers set out from London in 1620.
- See the wooden remains of the original Mayflower ship in an ancient London church.
- Uncover the legend of Captain Smith and Pocahontas, and hear the tale of of the native American in her adopted city.
- Find out why Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh and Baltimore all owe their origins on the other side of the ‘pond’.
- Hear how the Star-Spangled Banner, Liberty Bell and the traditional Thanksgiving turkey all have their roots in old London town.
MAYFLOWER & FOUNDING FATHERS PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges.
- Skip-the-line tickets to attractions. For this tour we will book tickets to Benjamin Franklin’s House and add them to your tour price. These are priced at the attraction’s standard rate including any transaction fees and are non-refundable. Any other tickets can be purchased on the day.
Tour price does not include:
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
- This tour does not run on Tuesdays as Benjamin Franklin’s House is closed.
● Description: day tour by private vehicle in London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Depart/return times: 8:30am-4:30pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £605.00; 3-5 = £645.00; 6-7 = £680.00.
● Attraction tickets: for this tour we book standard
tickets in advance and add them to your tour price.