A DAY IN BATH PRIVATE TOUR – ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, our Day in Bath Private Tour takes us to the ‘West Country’ city of Bath, a World Heritage site with a fair share of history, and includes a visit to the stunning Roman Baths unearthed at the end of the 19th century. Skip-the-line tickets to the Roman Baths will be booked and added to your tour price.
Bath is renowned for its naturally occurring mineral waters, the only hot water springs in the country (we will try some). The Romans took advantage of the springs and made their sandal-print on history here, and we take a guided tour of the stunning bath house unearthed at the end of the 19th century. In medieval times a magnificent cathedral was built nearby, it’s walls adorned with carvings including the famous ‘stairway to heaven’. With so much history, it’s not surprising that the whole city has been designated a World Heritage site.
World Heritage City
The local university and college lend Bath a youthful chilled-out feel. There is a vibrant shopping centre, with all the British favourites on the main street plus alleyways of independents. There is also a great variety of places to eat. Take a drive along the Georgian streets: the whole city, entirely carved out of a local honey-coloured stone, reflects architectural achievements past and present. The Assembly Rooms is worth a visit. It now houses a fashion-through-the -years exhibition. Bath was at the heart of the Georgian social scene too, and fans of writer Jane Austen will discover how much of her writing was inspired by the city. She wrote part of ‘Northanger Abbey’ here. Indeed, there is delightful museum dedicated to her which can be visited.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a village tea-room, riverside restaurant or traditional pub. Or, you could finish your day with an elegant afternoon English tea experience in the Victorian Pump Room, and try a glass of the famous water there. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: Day in Bath Tour Private Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
A DAY IN BATH PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Roman Baths. For this tour we will book tickets and add them to your tour price. These are priced at the attraction’s standard rate including any transaction fees and are non-refundable. Any other tickets to any attractions can be bought on the day.
Tour price does not include:
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Depart/return times: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price* (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £740.00; 3-5 = £785.00; 6-7 = £830.00.
● *Attraction tickets: for this tour we book standard
tickets in advance and add them to your tour price.