BATTLESHIPS AHOY! PRIVATE TOUR – TYPICAL ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, your Private British Navy Tour takes us to Portsmouth Historic Dockyards in the county of Hampshire. This tour is recommended for salty sea dogs and land-lubbers alike!
Portsmouth Historic Dockyards
As well as being home to the Royal Navy’s most historic fighting ships, there are museums and displays throughout the precincts, plus fun activities for kids at the “Action Stations” centre. There’s also an opportunity for a boat trip round the historic harbour, which features the very latest high-tech additions to the British Navy.
See the remains of Henry VIII’s flagship, Mary Rose, which sank in neighbouring waters in 1545 and was not seen again until it was raised from the seabed in 1982. Also on display are the 19,000 objects found with her, the best collection of everyday objects from Tudor England.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a tea-room, restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: The Private British Navy Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
A personally guided tour of Admiral Nelson’s remarkably preserved flagship HMS Victory. See how this elegant wooden dame morphed into a fearsome she-devil when the order came to ‘Beat to Quarters.’ Nelson was shot on board during the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
A personally guided tour of the awesome HMS Warrior, which, when completed in 1861, was the largest, fastest, most heavily-armoured warship the world had ever seen. A natural deterrent to all-comers which ensured Britain’s mastery of the ocean waves.
BATTLESHIPS AHOY! PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
Tour price does not include:
- Tickets to attractions. For this tour tickets to any attractions can be bought on the day.
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Typical timings: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £670.00; 3-5 = £710.00; 6-7 = £750.00.
● Attraction tickets: for this tour tickets may be
bought at the attractions on the day.