A DAY IN CAMBRIDGE PRIVATE TOUR – ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, our Day in Cambridge Private Tour takes us to the famous university town, centre of academic excellence.
Cambridge is a market town and the main square often bustles with traders’ stalls and carts. Visit some of its famous pubs, including the Eagle, a former coaching inn much used during WWII by air force pilots who burned their names onto the ceiling with cigarette lighters. A decade later, leading lights from the science community, Francis Crick and James Watson came and celebrated their discovery of DNA. Other highlights include the Fitzwilliam Museum, famous for 18th & 19th century art and classical antiquities, and the puzzling Mathematical Bridge… how on earth was it put together?
Centre of academic excellence, this famous university town is referred to by arch-rivals Oxford as the ‘Other Place’! Unlike Oxford, however, the academic communities sit comfortably with the locals, and there is a more symbiotic relationship between ‘Town and Gown’, so the whole atmosphere is much more relaxed. Visit one of the colleges, in all their gothic glory: among the most famous, King’s, Queens’, Jesus, Corpus Christi, Trinity, Magdalen, and Gonville & Caius. Students earn pocket-money punting boats along the River Cam, known as the ‘Backs’, so as alternative to all that walking, turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream…
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a village tea-room, riverside restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: Day in Cambridge Private Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
A Day in Cambridge Private Tour includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
A Day in Cambridge Private Tour price DOES NOT include:
- Tickets to attractions. For this tour tickets to any attractions can be bought on the day.
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Typical timings: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £640.00; 3-4 = £680.00; 5-7 = £720.00.
● Attraction tickets: for this tour tickets may be
bought at the attractions on the day.