Below is a comparison for a typical out-of-London day-tour between a private car tour with Your London Tours and a scheduled bus tour service. We leave you to decide which option offers the best value.
One of the questions we are often asked here at Your London Tours is: ‘Why don’t you offer the same private car tours as bus operators?’ Well, the answer is we do! But with a greater choice of options. What we try to avoid is the stock menu offered by most bus operators. These are structured to suit large groups with strict service schedules and facilities, and follow main bus access routes, etc. Under such limitations, visitors often end up seeing very little. Our formats are exclusively devised and researched by our specialist staff, based around a theme or localised area, but in a private car, allowing clients time to explore venues or attractions in a relaxed and enjoyable way.
Scheduled tour bus operator
- All the main London service-tour companies operate a feeder-bus system. The feeder-bus picks up passengers from several of the main hotels and drops them at a central station to join the designated tour-bus.
- Feeder-bus pick-ups begin as early as 7am. Wait in hotel reception. Miss the feeder-bus, miss the tour.
- If your hotel is not on the feeder-bus run, you have to make your way to a hotel that is.
- Delay as feeder-buses complete pick-up runs from hotels and converge at central station.
- Delay as all passengers disembark and go to designated tour-bus gates.
- Delay as you wait in line for your designated tour-bus to arrive and then begin boarding.
- First-come, first-serve seating arrangements. Not always seated next to partners/friends/family.
- Share facilities with up to 50 other passengers.
- Share your day with up to 50 other passengers.
- Follow strict timing schedule and tour itinerary.
- You pay for all entrances – whether you want to go into a venue or not.
- You may only access venues as part of a group.
- Wait in group lines for access.
- Guiding at tour venues often by hand-held audio-guides.
- Lunch at operator-tied eateries with group set-menus.
- Get lost, delayed or distracted en route? Make your own way back.
- Limited drop-offs at London subway stations (usually during rush-hour). Make your own way back to hotel.
- For a typical London tour for a family of 7 you would pay around £800.00 per group*.
Private car tour with us
- Reasonable start times.
- Pick-up at your place of residence.
- Friendly personal driver-guide.
- Private luxury vehicle.
- Fast-track out to chosen tour venues.
- Request comfort stops for facilities at any time.
- Flexible itinerary (within reason) to suit.
- Decide which entrances you wish to pay for.
- Often fast-track entrances with driver-guide.
- Driver-guide will conduct tours within most attractions, giving you a personal insight.
- Tour conducted at your pace. Time to visit places properly, with time to ‘stand and stare’.
- Decide if you would like time on your own.
- Decide on your lunch choice, or enjoy a restaurant or venue trusted and recommended by us.
- Drop-off at your place of residence.
- For a typical London tour for a family of 7 you would pay around £900.00 per group*.
*Figures based on 2 adults, 2 seniors, 3 children, including entrances to three major London attractions.
Your London Tours chief tour administrator Frank Martins said: “We try to offer the best value for private tours. Even some basic calculations on the private car tour versus scheduled bus tour question will show that our customers can get an amazing deal with our service. But don’t take our word for it, you do the math, and make Your London Tours your first port of call for a trip to remember.”