PRIVATE CHARTWELL-HEVER CASTLE TOUR – TYPICAL ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 9am. After a fast-route from London, the Private Chartwell-Hever Castle Tour takes us to the county of Kent. Here we visit the residences of two absolute giants of British history: Winston Churchill & Anne Boleyn.
Note: This tour runs March 1st to November 3rd (subject to availability).
Winston Spencer Churchill was recently voted greatest Briton of all time. He had a great historical impact, not just with his leadership during World War II, but right across the 20th century. Recently, there has been a flurry of movies dedicated to the great man, including the award-winning blockbuster The Darkest Hour. As he battled to save civilization from the clutches of evil, how did he relax…?
…Here’s how: We visit Chartwell House , Churchill’s private country home. Here the gardening, plants, trees, buildings, waters and complete landscape are the vision of the great man. The house interior is also fascinating, and a guided tour uncovers his prolific work-rate. Churchill was no mean artist either, and we will view his famous paintings in his studio. We can also relax in the magnificent landscaped gardens with a superb panoramic vista of Kent, Churchill’s favourite view.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a village tea-room, riverside restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice.
Note: The Private Chartwell-Hever Castle Tour price does not include food or refreshments.
THE BOLEYN GIRL
Anne Boleyn, daughter of the scheming diplomat Thomas Boleyn, became the apple of Henry VIII’s roving eye. Her story and her fate, at the chopping block, changed English history forever. We will visit the Boleyn family tomb in the ancient church of St Peter’s, close to the family home.
A guided tour of Anne’s childhood home which later became the home of Henry’s estranged fourth wife Anne of Cleves. It contains many Tudor artefacts and is set in magnificent grounds. In the 20th century, it was bought and partly refurbished by the American millionaire William Waldorf Astor.
Chartwell and Hever Private Tour includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
Chartwell and Hever Private Tour price DOES NOT include:
- Tickets to attractions. For this tour tickets to attractions can be bought on the day.
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Number of passengers: up to 7.
● Dates: Mar 01-Nov 03 (subject to availability).
● Typical timings: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London hotel/residence.
● Price (based on number of passengers):
1-2 = £640.00*; 3-4 = £680.00*; 5-7 = £720.00*.
*Not including entry fees. For some attractions it may be necessary for us to book standard tickets in advance.