A DAY IN THE COTSWOLDS PRIVATE TOUR – ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, our relaxing Private Cotswolds Tour take us to an idyllic dreamscape of picturesque villages, historic churches, romantic ruins, and classic English country gardens.
Take a short walk along the village road admiring the thatched cottages of this delightful Cotswolds jewel. Nearby, a picturesque parish church and the romantic ruins of an old manor house next to a tranquil riverbank compete to give this village exceptional charm.
Next, to the small town of Burford, known as the ‘Gateway to the Cotswolds’. Here we can visit some quaint local shops on the high street before we view an example of the region’s historic ‘wool’ churches which is set in one of the most tranquil spots in England.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a village tea-room, riverside restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Private Cotswolds Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
Bibury & Filkins
To Bibury, dubbed the ‘most beautiful village in England’, to take a stroll along the picturesque riverbank, and walk off that Cotswolds lunch! Then, an option to visit the famous Cotswolds wool merchants at Filkins, with its weaving mill and stone mason next door.
Finally, to Bampton, setting for the village scenes in the global hit tv series Downton Abbey. Avid fans will surely recognise various locations including the Crawley family home, the hospital, the pub, and the church where so many dramatic scenes were filmed.
A DAY IN THE COTSWOLDS PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
Tour price does not include:
- Tickets to attractions. For this tour tickets to any attractions can be bought on the day.
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Depart/return times: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £740.00; 3-5 = £785.00; 6-7 = £830.00.
● Attraction tickets: for this tour tickets may be
bought at the attractions on the day.