JANE AUSTEN PRIVATE TOUR – TYPICAL ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, our Private Jane Austen Tour take us to her beloved county of Hampshire. We cannot promise a chance meeting with a modern-day Darcy, but we can promise an enjoyable day out.
Active from 1800-1816, Jane Austen only completed six novels before being cruelly stuck down by illness in her early 40s. However, the romantic and humorous nature of her works ensured she became one of the most widely-read female authors in English literature.
This Hampshire village is the birth-place of Austen, and where she spent her first 25 years. Here she drafted Pride & Prejudice, Northanger Abbey and Sense & Sensibility. The 12th century parish church has changed little since Jane attended and contains memorials to the Austen family.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a tea-room, restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: Private Jane Austen Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
We take a guided tour of the 17th century house where Austen spent the productive part of her writing career. It is now a small private museum and has been welcoming visiting Austen fans since as far back as 1947. We will also view the manor house once owned by her brother.
This historic city appeared as a movie location for the film version of Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. We will see the house where Austen lived during the last months of her terminal illness, and take a personal tour of Winchester Cathedral, her final resting place.
Note: We also offer a Jane Austen 2-day Special Tour. Click here for more details.
JANE AUSTEN PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
Tour price does not include:
- Tickets to attractions. For this tour tickets to any attractions can be bought on the day.
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Depart/return times: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £670.00; 3-5 = £710.00; 6-7 = £750.00.
● Attraction tickets: for this tour tickets may be
bought at the attractions on the day.