A DAY IN OXFORD PRIVATE TOUR – ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, our Day in Oxford Private Tour take us to a city famous throughout the world as an ancient seat of learning.
City of Oxford
A city renowned as a university centre. With over 40 colleges, and numerous university buildings spanning the medieval to Georgian architectural spectrum, the city is stunningly picturesque. The poet Matthew Arnold famously described it as ‘That sweet city with her dreaming spires’. For a place to relax, there are many watering holes, including the famous Eagle & Child pub, where J. R. R. Tolkein, creator of the Lord of the Rings series, and C. S. Lewis, author of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe would often meet for inspiration. Alternatively, seek out the hidden pub where Bill Clinton allegedly ‘didn’t inhale’!
You can usually choose from a number of colleges to visit. Your guide will explain the mysterious traditions of the college system, which sets it apart from other centres of academia, and the real world! Fans of Harry Potter or Alice in Wonderland will recognize a number of references at the great hall at the famous Christchurch College. There is a variety of museums to visit in Oxford, including the renowned Bodleian Library and the famous Ashmolean Museum.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a village tea-room, riverside restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: Day in Oxford Private Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
A DAY IN OXFORD PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
- Personal qualified driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges.
Tour price does not include:
- Tickets to attractions. For this tour they can be bought on the day.
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Typical timings: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £640.00; 3-4 = £680.00; 5-7 = £720.00.
● Attraction tickets: for this tour tickets may be
bought at the attractions on the day.