SHAKESPEARE PRIVATE TOUR – TYPICAL ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, our Private Shakespeare Tour examine the life and times of the most famous author in literature by exploring his home town at the very northern edge of the Cotswolds.
The wonderful thing about Stratford, is that over 400 years on, many of the places associated with Shakespeare’s life are still standing. Follow in the Bard’s footsteps along the banks of the River Avon, with your guide pointing out the theatres and memorials erected in his honour.
The birthplace, right in the heart of the town, features a tour, exhibition and museum. It is close to the market square and there are a number of traditional shops nearby. Shakespeare’s school also worth a tour, and we will visit it if is open (amazingly, it still operates as a school today!).
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a tea-room, restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: Private Shakespeare Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
Anne Hathaway’s Cottage
Traditionally built of ‘wattle, daub and thatch’, this was where Shakespeare, in his mid-teens, acted out his own Romeo role to woo Anne. The inhouse guides that show you around are engrossing: find out the fascinating origins of the phrases, ‘rule of thumb’, ‘gone to pot’, and ‘sleep tight’.
Holy Trinity Church
A visit to the altar of the 14th century Holy Trinity Church where the Great Bard is buried is a must. The bust overlooking his tomb was the archetypal artistic portrayal of the playwright, and has become the definitive likeness. At the church entrance, we uncover the code of medieval law behind the ‘Sanctuary’ handle.
SHAKESPEARE PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
Tour price does not include:
- Tickets to attractions. For this tour tickets to any attractions can be bought on the day.
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Depart/return times: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £740.00; 3-5 = £785.00; 6-7 = £830.00.
● Attraction tickets: for this tour tickets may be
bought at the attractions on the day.