STONEHENGE and SALISBURY PRIVATE TOUR – ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, our Stonehenge and Salisbury Private Tour takes us to the ‘West Country’ where we visit a World Heritage sites, and an historic English city, each with their fair share of history and mystery. Skip-the-line tickets to Stonehenge will be booked and added to your tour price.
After a pleasant drive through the picturesque Wessex countryside, we embark on a personally guided tour of the mysterious World Heritage site of Stonehenge, an ancient megalithic structure older than the pyramids of Egypt, and a rare surviving monument of the pre-historic world. Some have a deep fascination with this place, and wonder about its meaning. Those not so swayed by the stones’ magical charms are left pondering the biggest mystery of all – how on Earth did they get there? As we return from Stonehenge, we reflect on these and other mysteries which surround the place.
Once a Roman garrison, Salisbury is now a thriving market town. In its centre is the stunning Salisbury Cathedral, the tallest medieval building in the world. It contains an original copy of the Magna Carta, the world’s earliest surviving written constitution. The cathedral’s environs were described by the writer Bill Bryson as the most beautiful place in England. Certainly, both Turner and Constable found it an inspiration for their paintings. Close-by is the former site of Salisbury: the deserted iron-age hill-fort of Old Sarum. Well worth a visit with spectacular views of the ‘new’ town that replaced it.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a village tea-room, riverside restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: Stonehenge and Salisbury Private Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
Stonehenge and Salisbury Private Tour includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
- Skip-the-line tickets to Stonehenge. For this tour we will book tickets and add them to your tour price. These are priced at the attraction’s standard rate including any transaction fees and are non-refundable. Any other tickets to any attractions can be bought on the day.
Stonehenge and Salisbury Private Tour price DOES NOT include:
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Typical timings: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £640.00; 3-4 = £680.00; 5-7 = £720.00.
● Attraction tickets: for this tour we book standard
tickets in advance and add them to your tour price.