STRATFORD & WARWICK CASTLE PRIVATE TOUR – TYPICAL ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, our Private Stratford-Warwick Tour take us to the county of Warwickshire. Here, in Shakespeare country, we visit the Bard’s home town and the castle that inspired much of his work.
The political meddling of the Earl of Warwick, or the ‘Kingmaker’ in the 15th century ensured the prolongation of the royal family split known as the War of the Roses, eventually won by the Tudors. Shakespeare wrote seven plays on this historical period using this castle for inspiration.
A personally guided tour of the stronghold of the Earl of Warwick, originally built in the late 11th century. Highlights include live demonstrations of siege engines, weaponry and falconry, a real dungeon and armour displays. Kids will especially will enjoy this venue.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a village tea-room, riverside restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: Private Stratford-Warwick Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
Follow in Shakespeare’s footsteps along the banks of the River Avon, with your guide pointing out the theatres and memorials now erected in his honour. A visit to the altar of the 14th century Holy Trinity Church where the Great Bard is buried is a must.
The wonderful thing about Stratford, is that over 400 years on, many of the places associated with Shakespeare’s life are still standing and can be visited such as his birthplace, school, and residences. Alternatively, we recommended a viewing of his wife Anne Hathaway’s Cottage.
STRATFORD & WARWICK CASTLE PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
Tour price does not include:
- Tickets to attractions. For this tour tickets to attractions can be bought on the day.
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
STRATFORD & WARWICK CASTLE
PRICES & PRACTICAL INFORMATION
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Depart/return times: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price* (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £740.00; 3-5 = £785.00; 6-7 = £830.00.
● *Attraction tickets: for this tour we book standard
tickets in advance and add them to your tour price.