THE TUDORS PRIVATE TOUR – TYPICAL ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8:30am. The Private Tudors Tour then examines England’s most infamous king Henry VIII and his six (yes six!) wives. But what of his children? We will also cover the ‘Boy King’, ‘Bloody Mary’ and the ‘Virgin Queen’.
No other monarch in history is more talked about, written about or argued about. Married six times, Serial wife-killer. megalomaniac, massive ego, monstrous temper, and, in his own lifetime, described as the most dangerous and cruel man in the world.
Tower of London
A personally guided tour of London’s oldest building. A World Heritage site described by Shakespeare as ‘The Slaughterhouse’. The tragic tale of Henry’s second wife Anne Boleyn is the central theme. Also see the famous Beefeaters and the Crown Jewels, king of bling!
Reformation & Dissolution
We take a driving tour of places identified with Henry’s great ‘Dissolution’ including Smithfield, Blackfriars and Westminster Abbey. Hear how he shut down the great monastic institutions and greedily profited from their wealth. Some argue this was a good thing, as the populace subsequently benefited from his lavish spending.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a tea-room, restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: the Private Tudors Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
A personally guided tour of the world’s finest surviving Tudor palace: the one that Henry VIII stole! Highlights include the authentic Tudor kitchens, Great Hall and Chapel Royal. With 500 years of royal history, magnificent gardens, and the world’s oldest maze for you to get lost in!
THE TUDORS PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Tower of London and Hampton Court. These are priced at the attraction’s standard rate including any transaction fees and are non-refundable.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
Tour price does not include:
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle in London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Depart/return times: 8:30am-4:30pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price* (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £605.00; 3-5 = £645.00; 6-7 = £680.00.
● *Attraction tickets: for this tour we book standard
tickets in advance and add them to your tour price.