WINSTON CHURCHILL PRIVATE TOUR – TYPICAL ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 9am. The tour first explores Churchill’s London war bunker, then, after a fast-route from London, we journey through the picturesque county of Kent to Chartwell House, his country residence.
Note: Chartwell House is open from Mar 1st to Nov 3rd. Outside of these dates it may be possible to visit Churchill’s birthplace, Blenheim Palace, as an alternative.
Winston Spencer Churchill was recently voted greatest Briton of all time. He had a great historical impact, not just with his leadership during World War II, but right across the 20th century. Recently, there has been a flurry of movies dedicated to the great man, including the award-winning blockbuster The Darkest Hour. Our Private Winston Churchill Tour examines the man who battled to save civilization from the clutches of evil.
Churchill’s War Bunker
First we visit the award-winning Churchill War Rooms for a personally guided tour of the British Prime Minister’s underground HQ during WWII, accommodating map rooms, meeting chambers, and emergency living quarters. Deep in the capital’s corridors of power, it was sealed closed in 1945 and remained a secret until 1973. A fascinating time capsule, it also features the Churchill Museum.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a tea-room, restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. Note: Private Winston Churchill Tour price does not include food or refreshments.
The tour then winds its way down to Kent, the ‘Garden of England’, harking back to the long, hot summer of 1940 when the Royal Air Force stood alone against Nazi Germany. As Churchill put it: ‘Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.’ Kent features some of the most picturesque countryside. Thanks to the ‘Few’ it remains forever England. We visit Chartwell House , Churchill’s private country home. Here the gardening, plants, trees, buildings, waters and complete landscape are the vision of the great man. The house interior is also fascinating, and a guided tour uncovers his prolific work-rate. Churchill was no mean artist either, and we will view his famous paintings in his studio. We can also relax in the magnificent landscaped gardens with a superb panoramic vista of Kent, Churchill’s favourite view.
Note: We also offer a Winston Churchill 2-day Special Tour. Click here for more details.
WINSTON CHURCHILL PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Churchill’s War Bunker and Chartwell. For this tour we will book tickets and add them to your tour price. These are priced at the attraction’s standard rate including any transaction fees and are non-refundable. Any other tickets to any attractions can be bought on the day.
Tour price does not include:
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Dates: Mar 01-Nov 01 (subject to availability).
● Depart/return times: 9am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price* (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £670.00; 3-5 = £710.00; 6-7 = £750.00.
● *Attraction tickets: for this tour we book standard
tickets in advance and add them to your tour price.